Before you begin measuring your kitchen space, there are a few things you’ll need to keep in mind:
- Accuracy is key. In order to ensure that your design goes smoothly, your measurements must be accurate but we understand your not a professional in this area. The easiest way is to start with a rough draft of your room and mark out all doors, windows, walls. Mark down the measurements of these. If you need to tidy it up and do a second drawing, by all means.In the showroom we will draw it to scale and if you proceed to get your kitchen from us we will do a final site measure to make sure every thing fits as per plan.
- Label everything. Be sure to indicate the precise locations of all openings (windows, doorways, entryways), obstructions (soffits, vents, pipes), and utilities (water lines, drains, gas lines, and electrical outlets). Also indicate the intended locations and dimensions of all appliances.
- Appliances. Take the dimensions of the appliances that you have or intend to purchase, and indicate their intended location on the drawing.
How to measure and draw your kitchen
- Draw an outline of your kitchen paper as if you were looking down on the room. Mark in the overall length of the walls. Draw the whole room and not just the area taken up by your existing kitchen cabinets. Then mark in where you would like your new kitchen to come to or leave it blank for discussion with your consultant.
- Mark in the width of doorways and windows (including architraves) and the wall measurements on either side.
- Mark in the location of existing sink and dishwasher plumbing. We don’t need to know the location of existing cabinets.
- Show anything that has to remain in your kitchen such as hot water cylinders or built-in-pantries. Please note that your measurements are only required to draw concept plans. Before the kitchen goes into production, we come and site measure and produce a final set of drawings. It is the numbers that are important. don’t be too concerned about your plan being to scale or not.
If you need to download a scale page, you can do so here.